Sunday, August 09, 2009

Are you from Denmark?

That's what the very nice older man in the car next to me asked at the red light (Roswell & Johnson Ferry) this morning. He also wanted to know where I bought the bike (REI), what the style of bike was called, since he only knew Mountain & Road.

It's a L-O-N-G light, so he had time to chat about the weather here in the South, and to let me know how heavy traffic is in Sandy Springs, and to ask about how difficult it is to get around with cargo, and what kind of time it takes. I really don't think it occurred to him that I could possibly be a local, since nobody from here is crazy enough to ride a bike in the busy suburbs, unless it's exercise, or because you have to.

I'm taking the original question as a compliment to my cycling chic for the day. Khaki skirt, dark blue babydoll top, silver helmet and...


Still no agreement from kids on a name, but the new bicycle does handle a load of groceries quite nicely. I think I need to add a front basket. Maybe wicker.

1 comment:

Slamdunk said...

Who knew that just by biking around you would be promoting multi-culturalism?