Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Gotta run!

Today is National Running Day. I'd have known it sooner if I'd taken the time to read Runner's World when it came in the mail two weeks ago, instead of at the pool yesterday.

There's pages of tips on how to participate (get out and run), find running groups, and how to get started. There's probably not time to get to one of the official runs today, but I will be hitting the pavement for an Easy 3* later this morning, right after I get back from the dentist.

*Easy 3 describes my distance and pace in this case. It's actually one of my previously tough hill runs, which I never used on an easy day. The hill training I've been doing for the Garden of the Gods 10 Mile may not get me through the race course in the mountains all that quickly, but it sure has made running through my neighborhood easier.

1 comment:

Slamdunk said...

Enjoy the run. It sounds like you do well at mixing your distances and scenery. That was something that I pledged to do better at next time when my running time becomes available again. It was easy to get into a rut with the same two courses that I ran previously.