Saturday, April 10, 2010

Attitude adjusted.

I was not at all happy about running this morning, for many reasons.
I have a list:
  • Legs have been sluggish and heavy since the marathon three weeks ago. And, I tire easily. It's like I have nothing in reserve.
  • Since taking the short runs up to 7 miles, and the medium/long routes to 12-20 miles during marathon training, it now takes me 2-3 miles just to get warmed up and into a good rhythm. I only had time for a 3 mile run today, which is frustrating.
  • It's peak pollen season around here. Runny nose. Itchy eyes. Scratchy throat.
  • I've been playing with kids & gardening during spring break, so it's been over a week since my last real cardio workout.
So of course, when I headed out the door this morning, my attitude was less than cheerful. Stayed that way, until I came upon this:


A full block of running past a wall formed by big clusters of wisteria... Problem, solved.

No comments: