Tuesday, May 27, 2008

31:48

That's my official time in the Save Our Skin 5k on Saturday morning. It's the first 5k I've run on my own, and I'm feeling pretty good about it. Don't get me wrong, I love running with my kidlets; but it felt great to be able to keep running past the 2 minute interval which works with them.

I didn't do the normal solo run thing where I start pretty strong, but am at 4:1 breaks after the first 10 minutes. I managed a 15+ minute run to the half-way point. Walked through the water station, taking a minute to sip my water all the way to last trash can, then ran the rest of the way to the finish. Running with the Women on the Move group from the Atlanta Track Club has really helped. As a newbie, pacing has been my biggest problem. They keep a very steady pace from the beginning of each run. I think it's finally starting to sink in.

I was hot & tired at the end, but a bottle of water and small latte later, was ready to change and head out to the Silver Comet with the kids for a 12-mile ride. A slowish ride, since I was pulling the little miss on the trail bike. She's not at all hesitant to ride on her own; I'm just not sure she's ready for anything over 10 miles by herself yet.

No comments: