Friday, May 09, 2008

It's the little things


This week has been tough. Crazy work schedule. Crazy kid schedule for the crazy kids who are almost finished with the school year. I've been giving up an hour or two of sleep most nights to work, just so I can get outside for a bit during the day. I'm not quite to the point of pulling out my hair and screaming, thanks in part to the brief moments of pure bliss which pop up when you least expect it.

First, a confession. I'm a peanut butter fiend. Not just your run of the mill fan, I'm partial to a particular moment in the life of a jar of peanut butter. I live for being the first person to scoop from the just-opened jar. I have been known to open a brand new jar when I need a fix, knowing there's a perfectly good open jar sitting right next to it in the pantry. I think, that's fine for the kids, but mine must be perfect. With apples, on toast, or just straight from the spoon... yum!

This morning, in the middle of fixing breakfast and packing apples, yogurt and pretzels into three lunch bags, I realized I was about to hit the jackpot. When it came time to make the sandwiches, I would be opening brand new jars of both crunchy and creamy peanut butter. Woo hoo! My whole day has brightened. I still have two site plans, a stack of change requests, errands to run, and two classes to read to later today. Right now though, I have two spoons of extra fresh peanut butter and a sliced granny smith.

Life is great!

No comments: