Friday, February 01, 2008

Growing like a weed


Remember those Stretch Armstrong dolls - sorry, action figures? I'm pretty sure that's what's happening to my 13-year-old son. I swear, he's growing faster than his hair. Really!

I purchased a couple pairs of boys size 16 school pants and jeans for him about two months ago. It was the day he had his last haircut. I made him try them on, so as to be sure they would fit for more than a week.

Flash forward to this morning. I caught a glimpse of ankle. Even if the pants have shrunk slightly, he still has stretched by at least another inch! He must be pushing 5'10". He was shorter than me this time last year!

So, this week's mission is to stock up on pants & jeans... in mens sizes. Hopefully, I can find everything I need at the thrift store. If not, I'll be looking for some serious bargains online.

No comments: