Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ending on a high note

My Asics 2130s ran their last race today, the Silver Comet 10k. It was cold. It was breezy. It was drizzling.

It was also my fastest 10k to date - 54:59

35-39 Age Group: 29 out of 95
Gender: 136 out of 432
Overall: 539 out of 1,024

They're still going to be the first shoes I reach for when I roll out of bed for an easy three or four miles, and for riverside runs on the crushed gravel trail. But for anything over five miles on concrete/asphalt, the 2130s are out of rotation. It wasn't just the cold wet socks causing aches in the feet this morning.

The ING Half Marathon is March 29th, so I'll be tinkering with my run schedule. Last long run will likely be this coming Tuesday, and then I'll spend the rest of the two weeks running 3-5 miles, every other day, with a bit of time on the bicycle or in yoga.

1 comment:

Slamdunk said...

Congrats on the great finish. You must have great expectations for future events in that you have posted great times in less than ideal weather conditions.

At least the Asics will get put to pasture in semi-retirement--unlike the race horse never to run again or the police K-9 dog no longer permitted in the patrol car.