Friday, March 06, 2009

Perfect day!

The week that started out with snow and cold, is ending with this:

It was a little chilly during yesterday morning's ride to Trader Joe's, but today was so nice, I decided to do all my errands on bike. Picked up my number for tomorrows Chattahoochee Road Runner 10k, then kept pedaling right down the road to Whole Foods, where I proceeded to completely blow my grocery budget for the week on dried fruit, nuts and seeds. (Will be making Nutty Granola later this evening.)

I'm bubbling over about the arrival of Spring. (please, please, PLEASE, let the nice weather stick around for a while) Yesterday, I saw three spandex clad cyclists, out for a ride. Today, I saw another commuter! He was riding around in street clothes, like me. We waved.

More later. Right now, I'm off to the kids' school. We're reading the last chapter of Rick Riordan's The Lightning Thief in my son's 4th grade class, and continuing Neil Gaiman's Coraline in DD's class. I'll be bringing the kids home with me, so have to drive the truck... darn. If there were sidewalks, we'd be using them instead.

No comments: