Wednesday, August 20, 2008

No walk breaks!

Am off to the dentist this morning, so I got up extra early to run. Stuck with the main roads for the street lights. I think I like this early morning thing. Almost a whole mile along a major street, and only one car passed me. Roswell & Abernathy were busier of course, but 6:00 a.m. busy is quite peaceful.

3.4 miles, 33:53, without a single walk break. That's a new record for me.

I'd throw a big celebration, by which I mean buy myself a giant latte, but will settle for loud music and an open sunroof on the way to the dentist. Old filling replacement, followed by a trip down the street to the Orthodontist for four months worth of torture devices for my lower jaw. (Invisalign)

2 comments:

carla said...

kudos on the getting up extra early to run AND not walking.

I always figure Ill be tired by days end anyway----so I may as well get up and work out.


hope the appt wasnt too bad...

Miz.

mappchik said...

Kudos to me? This, from the woman who does pushups in the kitchen while balancing on a kickball? (I'm not worthy.)

The appointment was easy, thanks. It's the aftermath of the new round of appliances which is killing me.