Friday, December 05, 2008

Happy Repeal Day!


Today is the 75th anniversary of the repeal of Prohibition. To celebrate, there will be ale. Trader Joe's 2008 Vintage Ale, to be precise. And shepherd's pie. Not that I think the pie symbolizes anything about prohibition, though I could cook a bit of ale into the gravy...hmmm. The food choice is just my way of matching what I hope will be a hearty brew with a worthy meal.

A couple of Repeal articles:
Radley Balko, Repeal Day Serves as Reminder of the Folly of Our Drug Laws
AFP, US drinks to 75 years since end of Prohibition

*Photo is from a AllesGut on flickr. If I can get my camera working, I'll snap my own photo at dinner, but until then, I'm toasting his glass with a glass of Block No. 45 Pinot Noir. No, I'm not that big a lush. The wine just goes so well with cooking.

No comments: