Thursday, December 20, 2007

Morning Runs

With the kids out of school for the holidays, my schedule has turned upside down. My early mornings and late evenings are usually full of sandwich making, homework checking and uniform prep, and I can be flexible during the school day to fit in exercise. For the next couple of weeks, I'll be rolling out of bed and out the door each day at 6:45. Kids aren't up yet, so it's the only time of day I'm not "on duty".

This morning was the first. The dog spotted my shoes, and practically knocked me over on the way to his leash. Five minute walk, followed by 7 min run, 2 min walk intervals. Stayed in the neighborhood, so had the opportunity to do a couple of big hills.

Total was three miles, avg. 11:13/mile. didn't feel like too much to handle, so will try to go a little farther and/or faster tomorrow morning.

No comments: